Monday, May 27, 2013

Pasta with Alfredo Sauce and Broccoli with Almonds

Alfredo sauce is a favorite around here, and I have a super simple recipe (only 4 ingredients!) that I have finally mastered so that it consistently turns out well (it took me a few tries to get it right!)

I melt half a cup of butter in two cups of cream and sprinkle generously with garlic powder.  I use a whisk to beat it frequently until it comes to a boil.  Then I turn the heat down until its simmering and toss in grated Parmesan cheese -- anywhere from half a cup to one cup, depending on my mood (in a pinch, I've even used mozzarella cheese -- still tasty!)  I let it simmer and whisk it frequently until it's thick and creamy.



Meanwhile, I get the pasta cooking.  

This time I used TruRoots Organic Ancient Grain Gluten-Free Penne Pasta.




Simply toss the pasta with the sauce.



I typically serve this pasta with broccoli.  This time, I tried broccoli with slivered almonds.



Steam the broccoli slightly, only for about 5 minutes to soften it.  Then transfer to a deep skillet.  Pour in a 1/4 cup of dry white wine, then sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and drizzle a little olive oil.  


Cook until the liquid is evaporated and the broccoli is hot.  Remove from heat, then add the almonds and toss.



Mmmmm!  Very simple but so delicious. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment