1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 and 3/4 cup flour
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup butter, softened
Preheat oven to 375.
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar in warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk.
- Stir sugar and butter into milk until melted. Allow this mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast-mixture with milk mixture and add egg.
- Stir in the flour a little at a time and knead lightly for 8 minutes.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and roll out flat. Cut the dough into triangular wedges. Roll each wedge into a crescent.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with butter
Bake for 13-14 minutes at 375.