Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 18 - Fish Taco's

My yogurt yesterday was kind of a fail, but I got a lot of whey out of it by pure accident.  So then I had to come up with some ideas to use the whey - I couldn't let it go to waste!  I love, love, love lemonade, so I started lacto-fermenting some hindu lemonade, and sinceI have an excess of tomatoes that need to be used, I also made some home made salsa and am lacto-fermenting that as well.  I'm pretty excited about both... I saved a little salsa & added a mango to eat tonight and it was so incredible and flavorful.  I can only imagine how good it will be in a more few days!

For lunch today, I started with tilapia.



I coated them on both sides with a mixture of cumin, red pepper and salt.



I baked for 12 minutes at 400 degrees, then broke them into pieces and squeezed lime juice over them.


Chopped up green onion, tomato, and lettuce:


Put them on my whole wheat tortillas from yesterday, wrapped 'em up, and had really excellent fish taco's.

No comments:

Post a Comment