Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 6

I found a woman near my home who houses raw milk, raw cheese and eggs for a farmer outside of town.  I can just order it and pick it up from her instead of driving all the way out to the farm.  It felt a little weird at first: I pulled up in her drive way, took what I wanted out of an ice chest, and left some cash in a box.  I kept looking around wondering if the neighbors were watching me.

Okay, so I got my gallon of raw milk:



I also went to Whole Foods today because they were having a sweet sale on their grass-fed beef.  I got three pounds for dinner tonight for my husband's amazing stuffed meatball recipe.  Previously, we've made this using articifical crap-food, but tonight he made it with all natural ingredients instead.

Grass-fed ground beef, minced garlic cloves, a free-range egg, whole wheat bread crumbs, organic parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, pesto, raw milk, sea salt, pepper, organic provolone cheese, unrefined extra virgin olive oil, and home-made marinara sauce.

So delicious!  I made the marinara sauce myself because the all-natural organic one was $10 a jar -- my wallet was weeping at the sight.  Instead, I bought 2 cans of all-natural tomato sauce (in the future, I'd like to learn how to make tomato sauce myself!) and I totally winged it.  I added garlic, olive oil, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.  It was yummy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment