Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22 - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Saturday night, I baked this buttermilk coffee cake.



Sunday morning at 8:00, we enjoyed it with some blueberries.



And judging by the cleared plates, I'd say the kids liked it.



Right after breakfast, I quickly threw together the ingredients for the chewy bars we'd be having for lunch (which are oats, honey, peanut butter, coconut oil, shredded coconut and chocolate), and put them in the fridge to set.  Good thing, because by 10:30 you'd think the kids were dying from starvation.  Lunch was chewy bars and yogurt.




By 11:00, they had already eaten 2/3 of the meals I had planned for the day.  I knew I was doomed.  I was able to hold off on the hamburgers until 1:00, but they weren't going to wait any longer than that.


For the buns, I used Ezekiel's sprouted grain sesame burger buns.


They were quite a bit bigger than my little hamburger patties. :)  But so delicious.


Can I add really quickly that I bought and used Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup with these hamburgers?  I am in love.  It was the best ketchup I have ever had.  I even found a facebook page dedicated to it, and "liked" it.

Anyway, protein was exactly what the kids needed.  These burgers kept their bellies full and bodies going for three and a half hours.  At 4:30, we each ate a bowl of brown rice that had been cooked in chicken bone broth instead of water.   We used Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce for the first time, and I approve.



To give us all a little extra boost of nutrition and make our dinner more filling, I decided to make a smoothie out of some coconut water & fruit juice mixture I found at Big Lots for 50 cents.



It is not organic, but look!




It is Non-GMO!  I blended it with yogurt, vanilla and honey.  The kids were literally gulping it down.

I'm sure they will need a snack before bed, but not a bad day all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment